

Brielle thinks the chipmunk is a kitty and kept callling it meow meow.
Things are slowly getting checked off my "things to do before Nolan leaves" list. In fact we are down to just a few more things. We went up Beaver Mountain and stayed in a good friends cabin last week end. It is so beautiful up there. I think they have one of the prettiest canyons in the state and the cabin we stayed in is absolutely wonderful. You can't call it roughing it when you have a nice cabin like that. Adams mom and brother joined us along with Morgan, Kyle, and Brielle. It was so fun to spend the time together. Pat got to golf one last time with Nolan, and the boys (minus Nicklaus) had a sleep out on the deck and stayed up all night talking.
We played cards, went hiking, watched the Utes squeek out a win, roasted marshmellow, went fishing. Infact a funny story about the fishing. I love to fish and was raised on fishing. Adam professes to be a great fisherman but I have yet to see him catch a fish, EVER. Mark whose cabin we stayed at took us up to Kents lake and let the boys fish. Nicklaus has only gone fishing once before and it was about 4 years ago. He caught one fish back then so he is pretty unsure about this whole fish and worm thing. He gets his pole and casts his line out. He thought his marshmellow had fallen off and so he reels it back in and recasts. I am not kidding his line was maybe in for 15 seconds and he starts reeling it in again. I told him that he can't catch a fish if he doesn't keep the line in the water and he told me he had a fish. He reels it in and its a huge brown. Mark said it is the biggest fish he has seen ever come out of that lake. Mind you he doesn't know what to do. He gets the fish up to the edge of the shore and the fish gets off the hook. The fish starts flopping around. Nicklaus is panicing. I am yelling at him to reach down and pick the fish up but he just can't bring himself to touch it. The fish is flopping closer and closer down to the water so Nicklaus tries to start stomping it. He keeps missing cuz its flopping and it gets back into the water and swims away. It was the funniest thing I have seen in along time. He was so sad and disappointed in himself. He tried all the rest of the day and couldn't catch a one. I should mention that Nolan didn't dare reach down and pick it up either. I love spending time like this with my family.



2 comments:
Looks like a great time was had by all. I can't believe he leaves so soon.
That was the nicest cabin I've ever seen! I can't wait to go again! It was so great to spend time with our family!
Post a Comment