Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The End

After nine long months we can finally say that drill team is over. No more fund raisers, no more early mornings, no more drama, no more service projects. Done! The team ended up taking 2nd at state, which most people would be thrilled for but it was a bit of a heart breaker for the girls. They took state last year and were so looking forward to winning again. Mahala really did learn a lot and she improved a ton this year. I love to watch her dance but I don't know if she will try out for next year or not. She is just starting track so maybe a little time away will help her to make up her mind. The team at State, trying to hide the tears behind the smiles.











"Sally" started out being my favorite dance, but kick ended up being my favorite. At first I hated their costumes but by the end I loved them, all except the sewing the hat on their head every time. Mahala was lucky as a freshman to make every dance this year.

The four freshman this year - Amory * Mahala * McKinnah * Lyndin



Kassidee and Mahala are good friends and they ended up being team sisters this year. The Selgae Spectacular is the final thing for the year. It was fun to see Mahala all dressed up in a fancy dress. I think she kind of liked it too. Granny, Morgan, Brielle, and Grandpa Spencer came down to watch her dance. And for all those who are not from Fillmore and are wondering what the heck a Selgae is, it is Eagles spelled backwards. I always thought it sounded like some sort of booger or fungus or something. Now you know.













4 comments:

Lance and Sally Sagers said...

Just so she knows, its not luck to make every dance. it's TALENT! I watched her at the spectacular and even told Katy that she was very good and we could only imagine how she will be as a senior.

I hope so much that she does it again, it is so sad to when talent is kind of put on a shelf like that.

I did drill all 4 years and yes, for 11 of the 12 months of the year I got up at 4:30 every morning amd yes I was tired :)

But I also really learned a lot of life lessons that could not have been learned somewhere else.

There are so many kids right now doing nothing in high school cause they don't want to commit to one thing or they don't want the drama. Guess what, there IS drama in drill (or basketball, or track... :) but also just in being a girl in high school, and not doing drill team isn't going to change that.

Sorry for the novel, I just want Mahala to know that I think that she is very talented, and that I think all the time and heartbreak is worth it!!!

~Sheri D~ said...

Yeah for a break for both Mahala and you!

I also wanted to let Mahala know how very talented I think she is. She is an exceptional young woman and I know she will excell at whatever she chooses to do.

I have really enjoyed watching her dance this year.

morgan said...

I loved their Sally dance! Mahala is a beautiful dancer! I hope she does whatever makes her the most happy! You grow up so fast, so I hope she does lots of things while she is young and in high school. Love you Hay!

Emmett Family said...

Now what are you going to do with all of your spare time Penny? What cute pictures. Mahala is so grown up now......sob,sob,sob.....