
This is all you will ever need to know about bokchoi. It is the grossest stuff ever. I tried a recipe I found on the Internet and it did sound like it would be pretty good. It looked really pretty too but when it came time to pass the taste test in was a total flop. I was trying to be positive and was telling my kids that it wasn't that bad just so they would eat a little of it and they tried to gag down a couple of bites but in the end, even my lying couldn't convince them that it was worth eating. I really don't know if it was the bokchoi that was so bad or just the recipe itself. I was telling the girls at work that it had 2 Tbs. of minced fresh ginger and they couldn't believe that it would call for that much but it really did. So giving bokchoi some sort of consolation it could have been a little too much ginger. But one thing I do know I will never purposely buy bokchoi and hopefully there won't be any in the bountiful baskets for a very long time. But on a happy note I still think it's one of the funnest words to say.
3 comments:
I so want to try some. Do you have any left? You should look for a different recipe for next time!
That is so funny! Now I know not to buy it, thanks for trying it out! Do you know anyone else that has tried it? I am curious now!
Penny, you are the BEST!!! You're hillarious. Now I have Bokchoi on the brain, and it is realy fun to say. My family loves stir fry, but I don't think I will ever try it. Seems to fancy for me.
Post a Comment