Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Who Knew?

Okay Morgan has given me a lot of great ideas before, but I think discovering this place was one of her bestest yet. The Payson Pool is so fun. Now if I was a teenager yes 7 Peaks is still the place to be, but for young families and old grammys it is the best. It has a couple of bigger slides that Nicklaus and Mahala enjoyed and a really fun lazy river. It has a regular sized swimming pool with a diving board but the funnest part of the whole place is the gradual pool. It starts out with just enough water that covers your legs when you are sitting and gets to be about 4 feet at the deepest part. I loved this pool. The bottom of it is some sort of rubber so it is soft to sit on and doesn't murder your feet. In this gradual pool it has three slides designed for little ones. Brielle spent 3 hours going down the slides. She loves breaking the rules and had the whistle blown on her several times. She is so her grandpa's girl. Above the slides it a huge bucket that drops on you every few minutes. There is a shower tower where the kids can turn different knobs and shoot out water from different things. It has a great food bar where you can get a pizza meal for only $3.25 where at 7-peaks it cost like 5 bucks just for a piece of pizza. And here you don't have to rent an umbrella to sit under. Okay if that wasn't enough here are my two favorite things about this place. 1. It only cost $4.00 to get in and 4 and under is only $1. How cool is that? 2. I was not the fattest person there. When I go to 7 peaks it is full of young, beautiful teenagers with perfect bodies. Not that there is anything wrong with young, beautiful teenagers with perfect bodies. I just don't want to be wearing a swim suit around them. I asked Nicklaus that if he ever got rich and famous if he would build one of these pools in Fillmore....he said yes!Okay I had the choice to put the picture of me with the three kids on here or the one with Morgan but since it's my blog I decided I didn't want to embarrass myself too badly so Morgan's picture won.
That night Morgan took us up Santaquin canyon for tin foil dinners. This was another who knew moment. I mean, I drive by those mountains every time I go up north and would never have guessed there was even a canyon up there. It is so beautiful. I like it so much better than Fillmore's canyon. And it is paved the whole way up. Brielle loves the mountains so much. She has a funny new things and loves to tell you secrets. She kept whispering in my ear. It was really just loud breathing but I am sure she meant to tell me that she loved me best in the whole world and that I was the nicest, most beautiful grammy in the whole world. Yep I am pretty sure that is what she said.
Here she is telling her mom one of her wonderful secrets.

This is over by the river and they have so many cool rocks covered in the coolest moss. After this picture Brielle stood up and almost fell in the river. Was Morgan mad...just a little. Maybe I'm not the bestest grammy to let my only grandchild go fall in the river huh?

I don't have any pictures but the next day Morgan took my kids and went school clothes shopping for Nicklaus and then Nicklaus baby sat Brielle while Morgan and Mahala went and had their hair done. What did I do? I spent the day with my very good friend. We shopped, laughed, shopped, ate, and shopped some more. I think Red Lobster was going to kick us out for staying in there so long visiting. I love Shauna to death and she has become one of my favoritest people. But I do have one complaint about her. Who orders a fish sandwich when they go to Red Lobster? I mean you can have a fish sandwich from McDonalds. I was even buying and that's all she would get. I guess you can tell she is a city girl and can go to Red Lobster any time she wants but for me it's a rare treat and I went with the shrimp platter for all of you who were wondering. We all had a great couple of days.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a ton of fun. I never knew Santaquin had a canyon either. Maybe Morgan needs to invite her favorite cousin down for tin foil dinners too!!!

morgan said...

oh my heck. get those sicknast pictures of me off of here...right NOW! seriously, i look like a pooping heffer! but regardless..it was a fun few days. we need to do it again asap!

Jennifer Bracken said...

We will have to try the Payson pool. Looks like you guys had a great time. I love the pict of you and the kids in the canyon!

gregandjaime said...

Penny! I loved that you wrote about the Payson pool! I have gone there twice in the last couple weeks and I absolutely love it! I have recommeded it to everyone so Im glad you guys enjoyed it as well. You have such a cute family and I love reading your blog!

Emmett Family said...

I really think that since it is your blog you should put a picture of yourself at the pool on it. It sounds like you had a good time. Have you ever been to the Lindon water park? It's a fun one too, it has a lazy river and Pirate Island.....wow. Tell Nicklaus to please build Fillmore's Water Park soon, we really need one, I hate traveling!

Shauna said...

You stink! If I knew you were going to post to everyone that I had a "Delicious Fish Sandwich with the most Fabulous Potato Chips" then this city girl would have just ordered WATER!

Thanks for the kind words ~ all I can say is DITTO! Sorry I wore you out, but when you have a good thing going you just don't want it to end! :)