Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lonely

I am feeling pretty sorry for myself right about now. I know I am weird but I am one of those moms who hates sending their kids off to school. I love summer and I love having my kids around. I love the twenty glasses piled high in the sink from summer drinks. I love hearing them play out back on the lawn. If I was smarter I would attempt to home school them but since Nicklaus has now passed me up on brain cells it would be pointless. I really wouldn't home school my kids because I am a true believer that they need the social interaction as well as academics. Last year wasn't so hard on me because I had Nolan at home with me and I was looking forward to that month that we got to spend together before he left. But now he's gone and I am left all alone.


Nicklaus gets nervous about school. He doesn't like school very much and has gotten quite good at faking sick to get out of going. He is going into the 8Th grade this year, which means he is big man on campus. He is a good friend and doesn't worry about being Mr. popular. He tries to be nice to everyone. He had a good example from his brother in that area. His favorite subjects in school are art, science and PE. He hates reading and English. But he has promised me that he was going to get a 4.0 some time this year.




Mahala is my social butterfly and would go to school 24/7 as long as there were cute boys around. She was a cheerleader and on drill team but found out that it was much too hard on her physically doing both. My lovely scoliosis gene that I seemed to pass down to all my kids finally showed up in her. She quit cheer leading and I think she is really sad about that now. She loved both of the coaches and the girls. She's just going to try and make this a really good year for dance and then worry about next year when the time comes. She has always done well in school and I am proud of her for that. She can't wait because in one more month she will have her drivers license. Yeah for me too.
This is what Mahala had to wear on the first day of school because they were in the opening assembly. Now why did I spend all that $ on clothes again?

This was at the opening assembly this morning. They did a dance. I wish I would have been able to get better pictures but it was so dark in there this was the best I could do. It's kinda like Where's Waldo. Good luck in finding Mahala.

3 comments:

Christy Cummings said...

I know what you mean, I'm feeling sad about my oldest two going to school all day. I don't know what I'll do when my younger kids are in school too. Your kids are so cute.

Kim said...

Come up north and play with me. Nicklaus is so handsome, and Mahala is Gorgeous. I love her hair. Did she get extensions, because I swear she just got a hair cut. Either way she is beautiful. I had to take a double look, because I thought that it was Morgan for a minute. I know what you can do with all your time. SCRAPBOOK!!!!! Yeah!!!

morgan said...

weird...i feel like i should be in mahala's shoes still! they both look great for the first day!