I can't tell you how much I had been looking forward to this weekend. My friend Connie told me about this over night scrap booking party that her and her girls go to every year. It sounded like a lot of fun and so I made plans to go with them, along with Morgan and my cousin Kim. I was so excited for it that I couldn't sleep the night before we left. Which was a big mistake because you can scrapbook all night and I wish I had been better rested. It goes from 5 on Friday afternoon until 5 on Saturday afternoon. It is at a hotel so you have a room to go up and catch a few winks, that is if you want to try. Morgan and I along with 5 other ladies made it all night though. When you first get there Alisa, she is the girl that puts it on, gives you a little goodie- bag and a kit that has everything all ready made for you to put a page together. Then Alisa, has hourly drawings for prizes and then she has a grand prize drawing at the very end. Connie's daughter, Ladon won that. I was happy for her cuz she was one of the die hards that stayed up with me all night. It was so much fun to go spend that time with my girl and with Kim. We ate, laughed, ate some more, talked, and even ate more. But we still got tons of pages done, well except Kim, she didn't have a ton of pages too get done. That girl is amazing. She has four kids, ages 9 thru 1 and every one of their scrapbooks are caught up. I am working on Nolan's right now and I only have him to age 14. Morgan I think would have been the winner if they did a contest for how many pages you got done. She did like forty something and they were all so cute. We went out to dinner to KFC and then had lunch at Cafe Rio, thanks again Kim for letting me go there. She doesn't really like Cafe Rio, kinda weird huh. I think that should be un-American or maybe un-Mexican, or something like that. 
Alisa had a cute jammie contest and I thought it would be fun for us three to get matching jammies. Kim and Morgan were totally on board with the idea until we went up to the hotel room to put them on and after we saw us three together we started to laugh. They both wanted to chicken out and not wear them but I thought we looked totally awesome so I made them go down stairs with me. We got lots of strange looks walking down the hall but as soon as we walked into the conference room everyone commented on what a cute idea and how cute we looked. Plus I loved being in the jammies. It was so much more comfortable to be in them. Oh yeah we won the contest too. Score one for the old lady.

Kami was a die hard and stayed up all night, except this little 10 minute cat nap I caught her having on the floor. Gross, Kami who sleeps on a hotel floor? I don't like to even put my feet on the hotel floor but I haven't quite figured out how to get around that one, but next year I am getting her a little blankie to have in case of a napping emergency.

Tiff, Chantelle, and Ladon at about five in the morning. Yeah you don't see Connie any where do you? She was the smart one and went to bed around three. Our table was right next to there's and it was kinda nice because we only had three on our table. My other cousin Jen was going to come but couldn't find anyone to watch her kids for her. She for sure is coming with us next time. I had a blast and I am so glad Connie invited me to tag along with her and her girls.
3 comments:
that looks like a blast! I also recognized Chantel, she was Brett's old preschool teacher.
I am so jealous, that looks like so much fun!!! You better take me next year, I want matching pj's too! (but I missed your booth at the craft fair :)
oh my! it was so fun! i still think i'm trying to make up for staying up all night long! but it sure was fun! i can't wait to go in april!! i love you!
Post a Comment