
What a sad day for me today. My baby has graduated from middle school. I think I got more teary eyed during this ceremony than I did for my kids' high school graduation. I only have kids around for four more years and then it will be just Adam and I flying solo. That's kind of a scary thought. The graduation was the best ever. The top three students of the class got to speak and they all did really well but I would have to say the my favorite one was Amy's. She just did so well and she didn't acted scared like the other ones did, plus the fact that she is my favorite gal at the school doesn't hurt either. But I promise I am not being prejudiced at all. They served donuts and sprite afterwards in the lunch room. Grandpa Spencer, Granny, Morgan and Brielle along with Mahala, Adam and I were all there to help him celebrate. We took him out to lunch at Paradise afterwards. Nicklaus' grades have really shot up this year and I am so proud of him for realizing that he really is smart. I think it must have motivated him when I told him that to get a golf scholarship he not only needed to be a great golfer but he needed to be a great student as well. From that time forward he has been a mostly a straight A student. I am proud of ya bud.

They all went out side to release their balloons. Brielle thought that was the neat. She even got her own balloon to take home.
Nicklaus and the gang. I wish that Nicklaus' head wasn't covering up Dane, and hey whats with Austin being taller than Walker? A really fun group of boys.
2 comments:
He is so cute! I am proud of how smart he is too!! I just can't believe he'll be in High School! Holy Moly!! You better slow down and enjoy these last 4 years!!
It was a very hard day, with our youngest kids becoming so grown up isn't it. Amy was so nervous that she was going to mess up that she had me nervous. We were looking all over for Nicklaus afterward, we need a picture of he and Amy together soon. Just to keep up the tradition of them growing up together. This is a very nice post Penny ( I guess that I'll go cry some more, getting to be a professional at it now).
Post a Comment