Saturday, July 18, 2009

10 DAYS CRAMMED FULL OF FUN


Let me start by saying how this trip began. We had plans on leaving some time Wednesday afternoon and driving maybe to the Nevada state line and staying the night then waking up and finishing the drive to California's Magic Mountain but when you are married to a Britt you find that it is best to never make plans because they are not followed anyways. I got home from work at 5:30 on Monday and was told, yes told that we were leaving at 3:00 the following morning and driving the whole way to California and would get to Magic Mountain just as it opened. I could see disaster written all over this plan, from a tired grumpy husband to 3 onery kids but I happened to get out voted so that is how our vacation started. Luckily for me the kids had all the laundry done and they were completely packed and ready to go. We tried to get some sleep but only managed about 3 hours before we headed out early Tuesday morning. We got to Magic Mountain right as it opened and planned on staying there till it closed at 10:00 but we were pooped by 8:00 and on our way to Fresno by 8:30. But back to Magic Mountain, I can't tell you how much fun we had. Nicklaus isn't quite as brave as Nolan and Mahala and would not ride any of the big thrill rides so we seperated and me and him went to one end of the park, while Adam took Nolan and Mahala to ride all the monster rides. They stood in line for 2 hours for one ride called the X2, which Mahala cried the whole time on. In that time Nicklaus and I rode over 12 rides. Nicklaus got braver as the day went on and finally rode most of the roller coasters. He rode the one that I have pictures, its called the Viper and has 7 loops in it and is extremely high (I chickened out on this one). It's funny the first scarey ride he went on was called Riddlers Revenge and is a stand up roller coaster, it was just me and him and I had to practically drag him through the line. The whole way he just kept saying "I hate you mom, I hate you". To tell you the truth it was pretty scarey but when it was over he looked at me and said "I'm sorry mom, I really love you and that was so fun." The day was a blast and everyone was in just the best of moods. I might add there was one mishap. Nolan lost his cell phone on the roller coaster called the Screamer. Some girl said, "man did you see that cell phone flying through the air?" Nolan felt in his pocket and his was gone. They saw it on the ground under the coaster, (well half of it). That makes 6 cell phones for Nolan in about a year and a half.
I am going to end this post here and will do another one about the rest of the trip because I always end up messing something up and don't want to start over.

















1 comment:

Jennifer Bracken said...

Looks like your summer is going great! It looks like a ton of fun stuff going on!