Nolan was so excited he couldn't stay still that's why it's blurry
What an exciting day yesterday was. Nolan's call came early in the morning but Adam was working out of town that day so we waited for him to get off work and for Morgan and Kyle to come down. Grandpa made it earlier in the day. Wow it was so hard for me to sit and look at that letter all day knowing that it held the next two years of my boys life inside of it. Finally Nolan was able to open it and ..... drum roll please, he is going to the Tuxtla Gutierrez Mexico Mission. It's the very last state in Mexico, right next to Guatemala and is mostly rain Forrest and a few cities here and there. It has the Gulf of Mexico on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other Really we couldn't have been more shocked, especially me. Adam said I am being reprimanded for saying that I wouldn't let Nolan go if he got called to Mexico or South America. I guess the Lord always get the final say. Really this is going to be another big test of my faith. Man Nolan you are just killing me. AND the winner of the pool was Meridee, lucky girl guessed Mexico and was the only one. Send me your new address Meridee and I will get the prize off to you. Please remember to keep Nolan in your prayers. He enters the MTC on September 30 so I get to enjoy him for a little while anyways. Thanks to all those who played along with us. It was fun to see all the different places you thought he might go.
3 comments:
Muy bien, amigo! I think the Gutierrez's of Fillmore are from that area. I remember Gilberto (Daniel's dad) telling me that they were close to the border of Guatamala. I'll have to ask him again.
Congratulations - Bartimus
Oh my heck!!! I can't believe it. When we were doing our guesses, Colton totally said Mexico, but I didn't think he was serious like Brandon so I didn't put his guess in. I should listen to the little people more often. Afterall, they both just knew we were having a girl. What do I know. I'm so excited for Nolan and your family. I'm glad he still has a while before he leaves. Congratulations Nolan. We love you.
That is so exciting! I'm so happy for Nolan. I hope that he will have a good mission! Now to get all of those shots!!!! Ouch!
Post a Comment