Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday....Bryce Canyon....Back to School






Mahala's birthday was August 8th and she was feeling pretty sorry for herself because we couldn't celebrate until the next day. She wanted a cheese cake for her birthday cake and I felt stupid taking a picture with a cheese cake full of candles but now wish that I had. She got an organizer built in for her closet and new blinds for her bedroom and some clothes and alot of money.
Next was Nolan's birthday, on the 17th This was a hard birthday (no not just cuz I cry every day thinking about him leaving) but seriously what do you get a 19 year old who is going on a mission in a month. I tried finding something fun to buy him but every idea I came up with he shot down. Soooo he ended up with 5 more pairs of garments and a bunch of his favorite junk foods to help fatten him up before he looses all the weight in Mexico.
We went to Bryce for Nolan's birthday. It was so fun to spend that time together as a family, all except the part where Mahala and Nicklaus fought the whole time in the car because she touched his leg ,and he sneezed and didn't cover his mouth, and she ate all the good sun flower seeds, and he might of farted and it might of got on her. I know I will look back in a few years and miss these day, I know I will or that is what I am telling myself right now. Anyways it was beautiful there and I love the red rocks.


Back to school was different this year. It was weird having Nolan going to work instead of going to school and some how the high school just doesn't seem the same with out him there. Mahala danced in the opening assembly so she didn't even get to wear on of her cute new outfits, only this dance outfit which her dad thought was a little too tight. Nicklaus is a sweety and still prefers to have me walk him into the school as opposed to go in alone. I love that he loves me. I have never met a boy who is obsessed with shoes the way he is. Crazy to me cuz I don't even have a thing for shoes. Well I was going to put pictures of the two kids on there but they keep turning up side ways and I don't know how to rotate them so they are not on their side. So use your imagination on how cute they looked.

1 comment:

Rae Jean said...

Fun times!!! Loved the part of traveling in the car! It brought back memories to me. Yes, you will miss those times. But they become fun memories to have! I haven't had anyone in school for 3 years now, and I miss that first day back. The thrill and excitement of getting them ready for school with shopping, and then breakfast on the first day, etc. I long for the past! Love you!