When Nolan first received his mission call, a friend told me about this fabulous site that links you with other moms that have missionaries in your sons same mission or general area. I quickly signed up and was assigned to the Mexico South group. I was able to ask all sorts of questions that helped get Nolan ready to go and that helped me learn how to survive. One of the moms that I started chatting with is from MN but she has a son serving in Nolan's same mission. She gave me her sons blog site and referred me to a couple of others. Nolan and I were able to read their mission blogs and look at the pictures and I think it really prepared Nolan for what was to come. I was really excited when a mom of one of the Elders blogs who we were "stalking" finally signed up to be on the missionary mom site. I sent her a private email and told her how much I had enjoyed reading her sons blog and how much it had helped Nolan and I. From that minute on she became a friend. Every year the lady that runs the missionary mom site does a potluck dinner at a local church and Shauna (my new friend) and I planned on going but mainly just so we could meet each other. She is just what I expected. She is funny, smart, beautiful and a little sarcastic so we got along great. Her son and my son are in the same mission and were in the same district but Nolan just got transferred so now they are only in the same zone. I was hoping the Nolan and Colby would become great friend but I don't think they get to spend too much time together. I think that they know each other and like each other and I am good with that too. But I will always be grateful to have found a new friend and look forward to getting together again with her.

4 comments:
Isn't it so nice to make new friends! Between all your guys hours and hours long phone calls, I'm beginning to think I've been replaced :) Haha!
Me too Morgan!!! Actually Penny, that is really awesome. She knows exactly how you are feeling and you two can share many many stories.
That's so exciting, and you'll be surprised at how much you'll keep on talking long after the Elders come home. Way to go!
I'm sad. I had no clue that this site existed! I would have loved to meet other moms for Jed's mission too. Oh well! So glad that you did meet Shauna, and that you do have someone in the same boat as you! My email address is rjmonsen@yahoo.com. Email me, okay?!? Love ya!
Post a Comment