Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I wanted to do a little post on my mom and remind her of all the great and beautiful things she. My mom is my best friend. I don't just say that because 'I have too' or because that is the way it should be, but because you REALLY are. You have been there for me my entire life, for the good, the bad and the very ugly, and I want to thank you for that. Mom, you are the most beautiful person I know. Not only on the outside, but your heart and spirit are just as sweet. I have never met a more caring person. You get it from your mom. I remember growing up, you never put yourself first. It was always what your kids and family needed first and foremost. Now that I'm older, I've noticed you have put your friends above yourself as well. I think that is the highest degree of love and unselfishness one can do in their life. I admire that when you are sad or hurting, you never complain. Whether someone has hurt your feelings or done something, you never talk bad about them. I hope that I can be as good as you. I know you are constantly in pain. I can't imagine how it feels. I know my back hurts constantly, not near to the degree as yours, and I want to complain all the time. You NEVER do! I don't think it is fair that you have to go through this life in so much pain and agony. I know the reason why is because you can handle it. You are never negative. I know you've inspired me as I'm sure many other people. I am so grateful you have installed such a desire in me and my brothers and sister to live our lives according to the Gospel. Even when you are not bearing your testimony, you are sharing it with others. You seem to always have the spirit with you and I think that is why people like to be around you. I'm sorry your mom isn't here anymore. I know it is so hard for you, as it would be for me too. I can't imagine not having you around. But I know she is so proud of who you are and what you are doing with your life. You are just like Grammy in so many ways. Mom, I just want you to know how much I love you. You are the most amazing and most beautiful person I know. I pray everyday that I can grow to be the person you are. Happy Mother's Day, I love you!

2 comments:

Rae Jean said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother! You emulate her a lot too...it is passing from mother to daughter! Have a wonderful Mother's Day, and have fun talking to Morgan!!! Love you!

Kim said...

Morgan, that was an awesome tribute to your mom.