Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January Blues

I hate January. What good is January? It's cold, the snow is dirty, the kids track mud into the house because the snow starts melting, it is dark for too long, and it seems to last forever. There is nothing fun to plan for and January just makes me sad. Last year I decided we were going to do a small remodel (that turned into a much bigger remodel) to help me pass the time in January. It took us a lot longer than we thought to get finished so when I told Adam that I wanted to start on the kitchen now he about flipped. So I talked myself out of that one. I don't have anything fun to even post about. I will share a picture of what it looks it looks like in Mexico in the winter. Nolan loves the weather in Mexico. He loves the people, the food and the work. He will be home in 81/2 months. Can I just say, I can't wait to see green and Nolan again.

3 comments:

morgan said...

I'm sorry you have the blues...i know how you are feeling though. I saw this on a blog today, maybe it would brighten your day??

http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/01/happiness-israinbow-pancakes.html

love you.

Christy Cummings said...

I'm with you. January always gets me down. I can't wait for the spring. I'm glad that Nolan is doing well.

Emmett Family said...

Cheer up! It'll be time for yard work way to soon. Tell Nolan hello from us!