Sunday, June 6, 2010

My New Addiction

Okay I found the coolest thing ever. I even got to try it before Morgan did so I can officially say that I found it before she did and shared it with her, even though she all ready knew about it. What am I talking about you might ask? Bountiful Baskets. I first heard about these from a friends blog and she had mentioned about trying to bring a sight to Fillmore and then I never heard any more about it until a few weeks ago someone brought in a flyer to work announcing that we had our very own sight. I won't go into too much detail about how the company works or exactly what it is but if you want you can check it out for yourself at www.bountifulbaskets.org But in a nut shell it is where you can order a basket of mixed produce for an incredible price. For only $16.50 a basket you get a ton of amazing fruits and vegetables. You don't get to pick what you get, you just get a variety of different things. For instance, we got 6 bundles of bokchoi. What the crap am I going to do with six bundles of bukchoi you might ask. Well heck if I know. At first I didn't even know how to spell it but I came home and googled some recipes that have bokchoi in it and I am going to try it out. I guess that's another thing good about doing this is it will make me try new recipes and ingredients because I can almost bet I would never say, "hey hon, do you feel like having a big dish of bokchoi for dinner tonight." But I am going to try it in a stir fry recipe sometime this week and I will let you know if my family thinks bokchoi is a thumbs up or a thumbs down. If nothing else at least it's fun to say. BOKCHOI.

So here is a picture of what I got for $16.50. I think it's quite the bargain, especially for Fillmore where they don't even carry bokchoi. Oh dang it I am back on the bokchoi again.....Here's what I got.

8 apples (one had all ready been eaten)

14 peaches (one had all ready been eaten)

1 bag of grapes

2 containers of fresh blackberries

8 bananas

1 honey dew

7 ears of corn

15 potatoes

1 head lettuce

4 red peppers

3 tomatoes

6 bundles of bokchoi

They also have different kinds of breads you can order that are fantastic. Most places they come once a week but they only come to Fillmore every other week. I might end up buying two baskets next time.

4 comments:

morgan said...

Sweet! You never called me after you got your basket. I'll call you this week and you can show me how to sign up. Long live Bokchoi! :)

Emmett Family said...

Wow I've been waiting for them to come to Fillmore but haven't heard that they already have. I'd love to try this. Thanks for the info......Bokchoi, yummy stuff I bet!

Kim said...

You are so funny!!! Bokchoi to you too. LOL That is a great basket. Let us know what you do with your bokchoi.

Jennifer Bracken said...

That is such an awesome deal!! I would have thought the same thing about the bokchoi!