I have pretty much sucked at keeping up with this blog this summer. I wish I could say it was because I was so busy doing fun and exciting things, but then that would be a lie. I am going to try and catch up on a few things that happened this summer, just so I can have a record of all that happened. I hope it doesn't get too lengthy and if it does, feel free to stop reading at any time, it won't hurt my feelings none.
In June my dear sweet nephew was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was coming home from a lake near Fresno and as he was going around a turn went into the other lane and had a head on collision with a vehicle. What a shake up for our family. I could never put into words how much I love this kid so I won't even try. Adam spent the week down there helping his sister out with all the planning and then the rest of us went for a few days for the funeral. He was a great kid and
will be greatly missed by our family.

Morgan and her family came down for the 4th and we had fun at the parade and the park. We then had a big friend and family bbq up at our house and then it started to rain and we had to move to eating in the garage. Nothing says red neck more than eating next to a stinky garbage can and a lawn mower. And I don't care what any body says....Fillmore has the best fire works ever!



This was a happy day in my life and a sad day in Mahala's. Yay she got a job. She works out at Burger King. I have always thought it is good for kids to get jobs just so they can see how hard it is to earn money and also it lets them learn at an early age how to manage money better. This is one little chicky that needs to learn the value of a dollar and her dollar not my dollar. Hooray for BK. That was my attempt at a poem. She was all smiles though holding that first pay check.
We went to California for a mini vacation. Adam had a work conference and so the family tagged along. It was the trip that almost didn't happen. Adam had been in the ER twice with bad
stomach troubles and got to feeling better right before we left. We didn't have any plans because we go to San Diego so much that we have done everything. I just wanted to spend the days in
the pool swimming and at the beach in the evenings. It was really fun and relaxing even if we did almost starve to death. (That's an inside joke) And I found out that Mahala is a lot braver than Nicklaus in all most everything. I'll just leave it as Mahala would have swam out a mile in the ocean if Adam wouldn't have been freaking out. Nicklaus well he's a happy just feeding the ducks kinda guy. It's all good.
As far as the yard goes. On the advice of our Bishop, I planted a garden. This is a big feat for me so I took it very small this year because I didn't want to put tons of money into it until I saw if I could do it. Everything is growing great and I did find out all you ever do need is one zucchini

Mahala kept telling her dad that the ceiling was wet but I guess he never really thought it was that big of a deal until it went from this.....
To this... Yeah the pipe for the washing machine had been leaking and running down the wall and Mahala's room happens to be right under neath it. Hmmm I wonder how long we will be living with this hole in her ceiling? Well at least he got the pipe fixed.
Then Adam did have to have his gallbladder out. He had about four or five stones in it and it had started to deteriorate. I hope this puts an end to all his stomach troubles. He was down for a week or so but is feeling good now. I did have a picture of him in the hospital but I took it off for fear of my life. I can say though that he would be pretty entertaining if he ever did decided
to do drugs.
The last last big event of the summer was Mahala turned 17 on August 8th. But she can't settle for some nice little quiet birthday no she has to have it be a bang. And a boom. And a crash. And oh yeah a wreck. She had finally talked her dad into letting her drive over to Richfield with Shannon to do a little shopping. They almost made it too. Mahala looked down at the radio and when she looked up she was in the other lane. She would have been fine but she hit those little bumpy marks on the side that let you know that you are over too far and they kind of pulled her steering wheel to the right and it scared her and she over corrected and rolled the car at least four times down the median. They ended up upside down just hanging there. It was such a blessing that they were both okay and only had minor injuries. Now the vehicle on the other hand was a complete loss with no full coverage but that's okay...cars can always be replaced. It did however teach two girls and their families the importance of seat belts.
Well if you read this whole post completely your deserve a prize. Really you do. As you can see we had an eventful summer. Some good things happened along with some sad and life changing ones as well. It's those changes that make up the thing we call life. I am ready for a very happy fall. It couldn't be bad I have state high school golf, a wedding, a son coming home from a mission, and a new grandbaby coming all in one week. Wish me luck.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, how did I not here about Mahala??? I'm so glad she is okay. What a blessing. Who is getting married??? I read your whole post and I hope Adam is on the mend. What a busy summer you have had. Love ya
man...let's get this summer OVER with. bring on the fall when some good things will be happening! :) you've definitely had a much more eventful summer than i've had..i don't know whether to be jealous or not ;)
WOW your summer has been crazy. I hope everything is great now. I somehow missed Morgans invite to her blog if you can would you see if she will send it again I love reading your blogs. MANDY
Sounds like you have had tons going on. I'm glad that Mahala is okay after that roll over. CRAZY! Tell her hi for me! I also can't believe that it has already been 2 years and Nolan is back...and Morgan is having her baby! Good luck and congratulations!
Post a Comment